Monday 5 November 2018

One month in...

...and I have not been managing to lose 2lbs/1kg a week.  In fact, from my 96kg start weight at the start of October, I have only lost 2kg (roughly half what I should have lost).
That said, everybody IS different, with different metabolisms, health conditions and lifestyles.  What works for one person, may not work for another.  The 2B Mindset is a lifestyle (not a diet!) and a change of mindset, where you will be more positive and lose weight happily and easily.

Does that mean the 2B Mindset is crap and not working?
Actually, no.  What it means is that I haven't been following the 2Bunnies properly, and if I had, then I would have lost even more. 

The 2Bunnies are Water First, Veggies Most, Use the Scale, and Track what you eat.


Do I drink Water First? Sometimes... Water is always the first thing to pass my lips in the morning, as I have a handful of tablets to take.  Sometimes I drink half a bottle before I eat breakfast, but I rarely specifically drink half a bottle before lunch or dinner. 
The recommended amount of water to drink is 1 fl oz / 2lbs (or 1 kilo) of weight - so for me, I should drink at least 90 fl oz, or 3 bottles, of water each day.  And I do drink that easily, sometimes more.  I drink a lot of water during the day, so though I may not be filling up on water just before eating, I know I am hydrated.

Do I eat Veggies Most? Occasionally.  This has been hard for me, because it has been dependant on my mental state and how busy I am.  If I am well, have planned ahead, and have plenty of time to prep/cook, then eating Veggies Most is easy.  When I am rushing around after the kids, and have to grab something to eat on the go, I try to choose Veggies Most, but if not taking a packed lunch (which requires planning/preparation) buying something Veggies Most is more difficult.  Add to that, poor mental health after a busy day and the kitchen isn't clean and the husband just wants to order a takeaway, it gets even more difficult to say no.  I am not blaming anyone - what I put in my mouth is up to me (ahem!); but my willpower is not as good as it could be, and I have not yet developed the habit of healthy eating.  For example, sometimes if the husband wants a kebab, I will order a Greek Salad, and have some of his meat (honestly, I'm not trying to come up with innuendo after innuendo!).  Or the other day at the dance festival, we went for a pub lunch, and I had a goats cheese salad with a tap water, and did not have dessert. But then, DD2 decided after ordering that she did not feel hungry, so I ended up eating her sausages and feeling overly full, when really I did not need that eating opportunity, an I should have said no.

Do I Use the Scale? Yes!  Daily.  This is a habit that I learned long before coming across the 2B Mindset for the same reasons.  My eating is under control when I can use the scale and see the information it is giving me as pure information, rather than as a scale of my value or worth.

Do I Track what I Eat?  Umm.... were you talking to me?  I track my weight, if that counts?  No? I thought not...



So, I am going to try and remember to track what I eat every day.  I am a member of a 2B Mindset group on Facebook that is really supportive, but even with their prompting I forget to track.  So, I am going to try to remember to track daily on my FB page: Musings of a Middle-aged Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment