Tuesday 27 November 2018

Christmas is coming...

...and the goose [aka me] is getting fat!

Actually, I'm determined to be controlled over Christmas.  I will still enjoy my eat and drink, and I expect I will put a couple of pounds on, but by following water first and veggies most I will still be in control.  Being prepared is the key.

As we come to the end of November, I've had my mini panic that I have forgotten to buy somebody something for Christmas, so that has now been sorted.  I have arranged my Christmas delivery, and now just have to plan what we're eating so that everybody has a happy Christmas, but there isn't too much food that I'm tempted to gorge it all.

I'm also trying to write my Round Robin to include with a few Christmas cards.  I don't send it to everybody, as most people I speak to more often or we chat over Facebook.  I know when I receive them, there are only a few that I actually read as most of it I already know.  So, I started writing it the last couple of years, and it gets sent to older relatives who don't use computers.  I started writing it this morning, and I have covered more than an A4 page just about the girls' performing arts.  I haven't yet included anything about my husband and I, but I'm not sure there is anything to say.  My husband is still working full time, and I'm still home educating the girls and tutoring.  The End.

And there is still the tidying and sorting that I try to do before we decorate for Christmas (which we like to do the first weekend in December) and so there is room for more stuff in the house.  I have tried to tell people not to get us stuff, that we would rather experiences instead, but from previous experience I know that'll fall on deaf ears.  I need to wrap the presents we do have, post the presents and cards (with the round robin) that need to be posted, and I'm sure there's more that I have forgotten about.

Before we had children, I was one of those annoying people who had their Christmas sorted by the start of September.  Now, I'm running around after the children, barely have my own house in order, wanting to make good memories with my family and hoping I don't fail!  The girls have yet another dance show in a fortnight's time - a choreography competition - and I'm still yet to cut their music down to size.  The deadline for that is the end of this week!  So I better end here and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment