Tuesday 3 March 2020

The Blade Heir by Daniel Adorno

I bought this book (for free, obvs, lol) a while ago but thought it sounded interesting by the title.  Now I have my new kindle and can sort books into 'read' and 'unread' I'm now choosing new books to read based on alphabetical order of the author plus whether the title sounds like it'll be good.

The blurb says:
The Dragons Have Awakened...

Lucius suffers each night from recurring nightmares of a black dragon called Kraegyn. The frightening dreams signal the return of the dragon tribes that wreaked havoc on the peoples of Azuleah centuries ago. Confused and uncertain of his role in the gathering storm, Lucius joins his elf brother Siegfried on a perilous journey to reforge the Requiem Sword--the blade which once defeated Kraegyn.


Lucius' quest will take him through the kingdom of elves, dwarves, and faeries. Though he will gain allies on his quest and uncover secrets surrounding his past, can Lucius survive long enough to stop Kraegyn's ascension?

The Blade Heir is Daniel Adorno's debut novel and is an epic fantasy tale modeled after the works of C.S. Lewis, Stephen R. Lawhead, and Michael J. Sullivan.

Lucius is a human who lives with his adopted elf-family amongst the elves.  He soon discovers that the fate of humankind rests with him, and he needs to go on a quest accompanied by his elf-brother.  Along the way he meets various allies and enemies, and learns more and more about Yesu and the divisions between humans, elves, dwarves, faeries, as well as the Draknoir and their evil leader.

I really liked this book.  It is easy to read and has much more going on than I was initially expecting, especially as this is Daniel's debut novel.  Having read some of the other authors listed in the blurb, I can definitely see the influences they ave had, and that makes me want to read the story more.  In a fantasy world full of magic and mythical creatures, I am intrigued to see how the story develops, and how the various strands fit together.  And, ultimately, whether what I expect/hope will happen (in regards to various scrolls and prophesies within the story) will actually happen.

Rather than just adding the sequel to my wishlist, I have actually bought it immediately so I can keep reading Lucius' story.

No comments:

Post a Comment