Saturday 28 March 2020

Gauntlet of Iniquity and Keep of Dragons by Daniel Adorno

Having recently read The Blade Heir, I went on to read the next two books in the series: Gauntlet of Iniquity and Keep of Dragons.  These books continue the story of Lucius as he tries to fulfil his destiny in being the Ellylei.

I'm not going to talk too much about the story itself, because I don't want to give away any spoilers; but over the two books there is treachery, rebellion, secrets, promises, love, battles, death, heartache and much more.

I do remember reading some of the reviews saying they didn't like this series because the dragons are baddies. Yes, they are, but that shouldn't put you off.   As much as I enjoy books where dragons are portrayed as intelligent creatures, it's good to occasionally read a book that rewrites the script somewhat.

The story is well written, and keeps the right level of suspense.  Some of the sub-plots are predictable, but it just means it's an enjoyable read that's comforting.  It is easy to read, and a couple of times I had to force myself to stop reading so I could get some sleep.

I would definitely read some more of Daniel Adorno's books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment