Sunday 22 March 2020

From Social Distancing to Self Isolation

I know DD2 is not a toddler anymore,
but this still applies!
Yesterday morning, I awoke in bed after a really good night's sleep.  I had read in bed for a little while, stopped when I felt my eyes drooping, and slept all night.  I woke up feeling refreshed, to discover an extra person in bed with me.  Not just my husband (I had gone to sleep before he came to bed), but an extra person altogether.  At some point during the night, DD2 had decided she didn't want to be alone, and decided to climb in between us.

"Good thing nobody has any Coronavirus symptoms!" I thought.

Fast forward 18hours, and I'm still in DD2's bedroom trying to get her to sleep, but she can't stop coughing.  I eventually get her her inhaler and some cough mixture to soothe her throat, but she is still coughing.

During the day, DD1 and DD2 were playing beautifully together.  They were in the garden, doing Acro together, making obstacle courses for each other, and playing other games.  As DD2 has asthma and it is the start of pollen season atm, I am hoping that it is just asthma related.  But at the same time, I don't want to be responsible for infecting anyone else; especially if that person is only a carrier and they then pass it one to someone vulnerable.

So, from today, we are not in the house for the next 14 days.  This actually doesn't bother me that much.  My house is my sanctuary, and when it is tidy (we totally blitzed the living room yesterday, ready for the girls' online dance lessons) I love it.  My husband is less happy, as he runs 10Ks a few times a week, both for physical and mental health.  DD1 is another who loves going out and about, so she's disappointed that she has to stay within the confines of the house and garden.  I actually don't know what DD2 thinks about it.  Today is Mother's Day in the UK, and I was ordered to go downstairs so DD2 could do a "secret".  That was over a couple of hours ago, and whatever it is, she still hasn't finished it, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment