Tuesday 31 March 2020

Saints and Sinners series Books 2 & 3 by Dayo Benson

After reading Book 1 in this series the other day, I finished the next two books in less that 24hrs: City of Angels and Unholy Ground

These two books go into much more detail about why the series in named as it is - Saints and Sinners is a TV reality show where 'Saints' try to change the behaviour of 'Sinners', and 'Sinners' try and change the behaviour of the 'Saints'.  Colby persuades Chloe to audition for a part on the show, and they both get picked, but on competing teams.  This book is still a romance, albeit more about unrequited love, so there is sexual tension amongst the TV cameras in the Saints and Sinners house.

I loved these books.  They are very easy to read, and I devoured them.  There are highs and lows in the story, areas of tension (both romantic and thriller), serious topics and humour. 

The only slight negative I have with these books, is that it explores Satanism somewhat.  When/if there is a 4th book, I'm sure that will be resolved, but as it is for the 3 books, that plot-line didn't add too much to the story so seemed unnecessary.  I think the books would have been just as enjoyable as a trilogy without that complication.  But, as I said, that's only negative I have. 
Read these books, they're good!

No comments:

Post a Comment