Wednesday 17 February 2021

Recommendation: Out of the Box Catering

Valentine's Day came and went at the weekend, and I like nothing more than an Afternoon Tea.  If you ever want to get me a 'special meal', the poshest afternoon tea, preferably with cheap bubbly (I don't like champagne, would much rather a big bottle of lambrini) would be me happy for ages.

Rather than wait for my other half to pick up on the million of hints, I decided it was easiest if I booked it myself. I have seen Out of the Box Catering recommended on Facebook, and though the food looks fab, it has always seemed on the pricy side.  I have considered it for catering events as that seems more reasonable to me (I'm planning my 40th birthday next year, but all the venues that have got back to us so far, have said we have to use their in-house caterers).

Anyway, I don't usually make a big fuss about Valentine's Day - my husband and I love each other, and don't ned a special day to say it - but in Lockdown, when this past year has been a bit rubbish, I wanted to do something a bit special.  Out of the Box Catering were doing a Valentine's Day hamper, and I decided to go for it - and I was very glad I did.  I also bought the kids' hamper for my girls.


First of all, when it arrived, it came in these lovely hessian bags.  I was not expecting that at all - when I have ordered from other places, it has always been boxes, or maybe boxes in a paper bag.  This delivery was presented really well, and we have a reusable bag to keep.

Then, when I opened the bag, not only did it contain boxes of food, but it also had a cake stand for the afternoon tea, and individual place settings of plate, cutlery, napkin, salt and pepper - everything you could need!  It made me dream of warmer weather when we could order a hamper, and then go for a walk with the kids and the dog, and take a picnic.  (Picnics are another thing I love - I chose to have a picnic with friends to celebrate my 21st birthday. I don't know why I love them so much? I suppose I'm a romantic at heart - either that, or I read too much Enid Blyton as a kid!)


Even within the individual boxes, the food was presented beautifully, with a fresh side salad too.  Inside the kids' boxes were simpler flavours of sandwiches and instead of vegetable crisps, they had a bag of cheese puffs.  We also had separate boxes with canapes, sweet treats and a cream tea.  I laid it all out on the table, proper fancy like, and it looked a feast! 


So would I recommend? Unequivocally, yes.

It is on the expensive side, compared to other Afternoon Tea Deliveries, however, it is definitely worth it.  The taste of everything was beautiful, and all the little extras (I forgot to mention earlier, that there were also individual heart chocolates with the cutlery!) make it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment