Friday 26 February 2021

I Spy, I Saw Her Die by Ian C. P. Irvine

I have read a few of Ian C. P. Irvine's books before, and this one didn't disappoint.  In fact, though I only had the first book, I had to immediately buy the second and read it all, so I could get to the conclusion of this gripping story.


I Spy, I Saw Her Die is a book about cyber crime and how a man's life is turned upside down when he remotely sees something he shouldn't have done.  Her death could bring down the British government and he finds himself on the run from the secret service with nowhere to hide.

The blurb says:

When Ray Luck - a top cyber security expert - accidentally stumbles upon a devastating secret while surfing the web, the lives of girlfriend and himself are immediately put under threat!

Forced into hiding, and given only three days to live, Ray is a man with not one, but several missions: to save the life of his girlfriend who has been kidnapped by the security services; to prevent a terrorist cyber-attack destroying London; and to bring one of the most powerful men in the world to justice for the savage killing of an apparently innocent woman - a murder powerful people in the British Government are determined to cover up at all costs!

Only Ray can stop them all.

But as the clock starts to tick, he discovers that nothing is as it seems. Who is the real enemy? And who can he trust? Unless he finds out soon, will Ray’s luck finally run out?

I could not put this book down.  I read books 1&2 over a weekend and it was time wisely spent.  This thriller, not only makes you think about whether what you see is real or not, it also makes you think about the government and whether they are indeed the ones who hold the power in this country.  Finally, I like the open-ended question as to whether Ray Luck was intentionally shown what he saw???

If you like books that are thrillers, and are about crime, cyber crime, politics, secret service, secret membership... this is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment