Monday 25 February 2019

Weekly Update No8


This week, as we’ve been travelling back and forth to the dance festival, having to stop in the same crap services every time (it only had a McDs, a Costa, and a WH Smith that didn’t sell anything healthy), it’s no surprise my weight has gone up this week. Even when I tried to stop at a different services, either the girls needed the toilet, or there was a crash up ahead with an hour delay, and the girls were hungry already. And whilst I do have McD’s salad every now and again, there’s only so many times you can have limp lettuce with one slice of cucumber and too many cherry tomatoes!

I am not going to let it get me down, however. I did a healthy shop last night to arrive this afternoon, with plenty of fruit and vegetables. I have even told my girls that I will no longer make multiple meals in the evening: they can eat what I’m cooking or can make themselves a sandwich to have with fruit and yoghurt. Whether it’s because of autism, SPD or just general fussiness, my girls went from being toddlers that ate everything, to children who eat beige. 

 There are a few exceptions, DD1 loves a Sunday roast with all the veg, and DD2 loves her tropical fruit. However, because I cba or don’t have time to cook a roast every night of the week, and tropical fruit is one the expensive side, especially as it doesn’t always get eaten. But, with DD1 potentially going to school next year (it turns out we find out this Friday!!!) I want her to get used to being faced with new foods (for her); even if she doesn’t eat it, she needs to be desensitised to being presented to foods she doesn’t like. So this week’s dinners include spaghetti bolognese, fajitas, and lasagne. Yum! 


No comments:

Post a Comment