Thursday 11 October 2018

Is Fast Food Off limits?


No!  The 2B Mindset is all about making mindful, considerate choices. 


Sometimes, if you are out-and-about, you will have to pick up a lunch to eat on the go.  These days there are more and more healthy sandwiches, sushi, protein pots, salads, smoothies etc that can be picked up when out.  But this is the real world, and sometimes you do just have a hankering for a burger.


Even a fast food outlets like McDonalds, KFC and Burger King do salads, smoothies, and even little packets of fruit or veggies on the side.  But still, this is the real world, and sometimes you still have a hankering for a burger.  So, how do you fit this with the 2B Mindset?

It is simple.  When you purchase the 2B Mindset, it covers the basics of how to plate up your meals into appropriate portions. This simple methodology can be used at home, when eating out, or when on the go.  No matter your situation, you can use this to help you lose weight, and keep it off long term.

So for me, I ordered the Quarter Pounder and substituted a Shake Salad for fries.  

Then I removed half the bun, so that my lunch was in the ratio:
1/2 veggies
1/4 protein
1/4 FFCs

Now in reality, I don't know whether the make-up of the burger bun qualifies it as an FFC or not (I'm sure if I looked on the McD's website it would tell me), but you can see I got the rough quantities right.

The main thing to remember from our 2 Bunnies: Water First, and Veggies Most.
From there, you can't go far wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment