Monday 15 October 2018

Always Learning


Another of the great things of the 2B Mindset is there is no such thing as pass/fail.  You always Try it, Track it, and See if it works for You.  It gives you the freedom that if you do eat something that with hindsight you could have done without, then you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and start demolishing everything in sight.  You simply learn from your mistake and do better next time.

For example, I went away last weekend, and I knew I would not be in control of what food I ate, but was determined to try and stick to the Plate-It ratios as best I could. What I didn't foresee, however, was that there would be ZERO veggies.  I'm not joking!  Other than the final day, when I was free to eat 2 plates of salad, there was not a single vegetable served alongside any of the meals (or even within them!).  I did eat fruit every day, but the bulk of the meals were carb based (not even FFCs!) with meat and sauces/accessories.

So, my weight this morning, unsurprisingly, has increased to 95.4kg - only 0.6kg lower than my starting weight a fortnight ago.  But, I am not concerned.  I did drink plenty of water over the weekend, and I will return to eating Veggies Most today, and it will soon fall off again.

My key learning, is that if I go somewhere where I am not in control of what is being prepared, to plan ahead and take veggies with me.  It will be hard, especially without a fridge/cooker, but if I am travelling for a weekend, then there are some veggies that can cope without being refrigerated that can be eaten raw.  Rather than take a cake along if asked (which I did, not realising that everyone else took a cake too!), take along a platter of veggies, or perhaps some easy-cook vegetables that could be brought out as a side dish.


My weight has gone up, but all is not lost.
Learn, Move On, and Do Better Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment