Wednesday 12 August 2020

Flooding Bathroom

Yesterday I woke up, used the en-suite and noticed that when I stood on the tiles, they bubbled and water came up.  I mentioned it to my husband when he returned from work, who admitted that he had had a shower before work with the door open... 😒😒

So we mopped it up, but the water kept coming.  Every time we stood on a tile, more water would appear, so we figured that the water had gone under the tiles and we'd need to lift them.

After a few hot days, we couldn't sleep much and I awoke at 5am.  As the tiles were still wet, my lovely husband decided that this was the best time for hammer & chiselling up the tiles... 😒

After drying under the tiles, husband went to work, but more water kept appearing.  In my husband's defence, the water wasn't coming from the shower, that was just a coincidence. 
No, the water was coming from the toilet. 😒


You can actually see the different colour of the grout
dark and wet near the toilet
lighter and dry away from it.


So, on to CheckaTrade to find an emergency plumber.  I like to use local and independent companies if possible, so I was pleased that A Team Plumbing and Heating was the first to answer my call. 
(At time of writing, they don't have their own website or Facebook page, but if that changes I will edit their details in here.)

I phoned late morning, and Lee was able to come round to have a look in the afternoon.  He took the toilet off, located wand isolated the leak, explaining everything that he was doing.  As he didn't have replacement parts on him and another job to go to he promised he would be back either later or tomorrow and sort it then.  I was only expecting him to stop the leak, give a quote and rearrange an appointment at an unknown point in the future.  I was impressed that he was able to fix it all so soon.


Fortunately for me, he was able to come back after an hour, this time with James who did the work.  All the way through, I was updated with what they were doing and why.  They were very friendly and knowledgeable, and offered advice on areas beyond the job they were doing (specifically, a discussion about replacing the tiles, and which brand to go for when we need to replace our boiler).
They even tidied up everything and took all the rubbish away with them!


All in all, it was only a couple of hours work, and he charged me less than what he quoted!  

He did ask for a review on CheckaTrade, which I was more than happy to give, and I am happy to give this review here too. 
If anyone needs a boiler in Swindon or the surrounding areas (I know he works in Bristol too), use A Team Plumbing and Heating.

No comments:

Post a Comment