Monday 22 June 2020

Weekly Update Y2w25

I think my weight is in stabilising mode (ish).  This week, I've had three not-so-healthy eating days - yes, I am trying not to label them 'bad'.  That's why I'm thinking of this being in stabilising mode, rather than thinking my weight is rising again and giving up.

One night last week we had an Indian takeaway, and I was 'good' (you're right, I shouldn't be using that word either) and stopped eating when I got full, but having rice and bread that late at night, not to mention the amount of fat and cream that was in the curries (conveniently forgetting the lack of vegetables, even with ordering a side of onion bhajis and mushroom bhajis) meant I wasn't surprised that my weight rose dramatically the next day.

Last week my husband dropped hints (by buying a premixed packet!) that he wants a giant cookie for Father's Day, so on Saturday I ended up making it by myself whilst the girls were playing Minecraft together.  Despite not having any distractions, I forgot to put the chocolate chips in - doh!  Hindsight says I should have used the choc chips with the packet of icing for decoration. Did I do that? Nope.  No, I thought it would be better to use the choc chips in cookies, if that's what DH was expecting.  So I found a recipe online for basic cookie mix, and made more cookies. I hadn't noticed how many cookies the recipe was for, and there was far too much mixture for the number of choc chips, so I took some of the mixture and used the chips for that.  Then I took some more mixture and mixed it with hot chocolate powder and cocoa powder (my girls don't like it if the chocolate taste is too dark/bitter), and the rest I made into oatmeal and raisin cookies.  I made TWENTY FOUR extra ones, plus the giant cookie that I had made earlier! And that wasn't the only mistake - I made the icing for the giant one according to the recipe but it was too liquid, so I added all the icing sugar I had, and that still wasn't enough, so I had to add flour to thicken it up. 

As we had a movie night on Saturday, which ended up being a Who-vie night, because the girls wanted to watch episode after episode of Dr Who instead of a film, we ate some of the mini cookies then.  On Sunday, Father's Day, we ate the rest of the cookies and the large one.  Yes, I set myself up for failure by making too many cookies, and I succeeded at that failure by eating them all.  Not by myself - I'm not quite that bad, but it certainly wasn't veggies most.

This week, I'm going to try and go back to eating a lot of vegetables and drinking water.  If I have carbs and grains, I want to eat them at lunchtime so they can be digested easily, as I've noticed I still feel full the following day if I have them at night.  Our next veg box is arriving on Wed, and we still have veg left from last week, so I need to use them up today and tomorrow, so that should motivate me to eat more of the nutritionally rich foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment