Thursday 18 June 2020

Run by Patti Larsen

I chose this book based on it being L in my list.  I hoped by the title it would be a thrilling read, and I was not wrong.


Reid is a 16yo boy who wakes up bound and gagged in the back of a truck.  When his abductors release him into the forest, he knows he has to run. And run he does - immediately finding the body of a kid who is pinned to a tree, with body parts trailing.

The blurb says:
Sixteen-year-old Reid thinks life is back to normal. His sister Lucy pulls herself together and cuts him free from a year of foster care. She promises to take care of him, that her new boss and her new life are what they both needed to start again. Until Reid is taken in the middle of the night, dumped in a wild stretch of forest far from home with no idea why he is there. Lost and afraid, he learns to run from the hunters who prowl the darkness, their only pleasure chasing down kids like him. And killing them.
The book is extremely well written.  It manages to keep the adrenaline pumping through every single page.  There is terror bleeding from this book, so much so that despite the protagonist being 16, I wouldn't suggest children read these books until they are at least this age.  It definitely has a feel of The Hunger Games about it, so if you liked that, you'd like this.

I loved this book and couldn't put it down.  I started reading it yesterday morning, and just over 24hours later, I am about to start reading Book 4 in The Hunted series.  They are all just as good.  A tense, enjoyable story.

No comments:

Post a Comment