Sunday 2 June 2019

When the cat's away...

...the girls and I decided to have a sleepover in the living room.

We ordered a takeway and put on a couple of films, and planned to do "girlie stuff".
DD1 is becoming a right little teenager, so has a pot of face mask for us all to use.


After we washed the masks off, I put the flannels in the washing machine as we watched the second film.

Halfway through, I heard a funny noise, like water dripping.  I opened the kitchen door and was met by a tidal wave of dirty soapy water!

Bless the girls, they heard me shout and ran to get a load of towels, helped me mop up the water, and empty the cupboard that was drenched (fortunately it's mainly tins and snacks, so not too much food was wasted).  It took a while, but we were able to clear up the water.


I had a look in the cupboard, and the waste water pipe from the washing machine has become disconnected; unfortunately, the washing machine was too heavy for me to move, so it will have to wait until my husband comes back tomorrow, before the pipe can be retrieved from behind the washing machine and reconnected.

We're now watching the end of the film, before going to bed.  Hopefully, they'll be no more drama overnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment