Monday 27 May 2019

Weekly Update No21

I have lost nearly a kilo this week, which isn't bad going, considering how much I have eaten this weekend!

Smoothies for lunch during the week has been easy, filling and delicious.
Making food for tea has been a struggle - even with "easy" things like slow-cooker recipes, I've not been making them in time.  It hasn't helped that I've been ill this week. I take antihistamines all year, and usually have to increase them from Easter.  This year I haven't had to - until this past Tuesday when everything has hit me at once.  I was left with streaming eyes, running nose, sinus headaches, fever and chills.  It wasn't pretty.

Fortunately the worst of it only lasted 48hours, dosing up on antihistamines and taking my blue inhaler a few times put me back in control.  I have now been left with a chesty cough and a croaky voice.  Not great considering I am in an adult musical theatre show in 3 weeks' time (a medley of songs from different shows); had a practice tonight and I couldn't hit half the notes, and now I'm home my cough is worse.

This week, I'm on the road two days as my girls are in a dance festival.  I have to have a good think tomorrow to plan the days properly so I can eat healthily, rather than just stuffing my face with snacks and pub grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment