Monday 1 April 2019

Weekly Update No13


From last Monday to today, I have lost half a kilo (a pound); but actually I got down to my lowest weight for 100 days! (Yes, by weighing myself daily, I can work out random stats like that.)

Drinking one or two smoothies a day, followed by a proper dinner, has been working really well for me. My evening meals have included Egg-whitepizza, omelette, fajitas (in lettuce cups rather than wraps). Unfortunately, I ate too much over the weekend.

Sunday was Mother’s Day (in the UK it is celebrated the 3rd Sunday in Lent; whereas other places in the world such as the USA celebrate Mother’s Day on the 2nd Sunday in May) and I wanted an Afternoon Tea. As I knew not to expect one, on the Saturday beforehand, I bought myself a platter of sandwiches, a selection of cakes, and scones with clotted cream to share with my girls. I ate too much of the wrong things, so wasn’t surprised when I put on weight the next morning.

On Mother’s Day itself, I had volunteered to do refreshments at my church (before I realised it was Mother’s Day) so didn’t get home until nearly 1pm. Despite being told that we’d be going out for lunch, my husband hadn’t booked anywhere… on a normal Sunday you need to book to get a table anywhere, let alone on Mothering Sunday! So I ate a scone, or 3…

In the evening, we ordered a takeaway. I shared starters with my husband, and ate half a portion of Salmon & Spinach, with [half] sauteed potatoes, carrots, green beans and broccoli. I ate far too much! I was in agony overnight with the stomach problems I get, so literally got zero sleep before 7:30am. Between 7:30-9:30am I was able to doze on and off, in between my alarms going off. When taking my girls to their Home Ed activities this morning, I have been sensible and got a taxi, rather than driving with no sleep. It wasn’t a surprise that my weight had gone up slightly, but as I said it has gone down overall from last Monday.

So this week, I am going to keep going with the smoothies and proper dinner, trying to be careful with portion sizes so that I don’t irritate my stomach any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment