Tuesday 16 April 2019

Connecting with my Pre-teen

When DD1 goes to school in September, she will be cycling by herself.  She has been cycling for years, but to give her some confidence, we have booked her on a Bikeability Cycling Proficiency course for a couple of half days this week.  She really enjoyed it yesterday, and is back again today.

In the evening she asked if she could paint my nails.  I'm not a hair/make-up/nail varnish person, so had no particular desire to have my nails painted, but I am glad I said yes.  I had a black base, with blue/purple glitter on all my nails, bar my ring finger which has green glitter on it.  She really enjoyed doing them, and we had a good chat.  DD1 is a very independent young lady, which is great, but sometimes means that she doesn't want to talk to me, so I really savoured the fun we had yesterday, and tbf she did a really good job of my nails.

The plaster on my hand is because I had my annual mammogram and MRI scan yesterday.  Those who have read my blog from the beginning will know that I have the BRCA1 gene mutation, which means I have a 85+% lifetime chance of getting breast cancer.  As such, until I have my mastectomy (which I'm hoping to have around the age of 40) I have to have a mammogram and an MRI scan on my breasts to check that there are no cancers growing that are undetectable by touch.  To enhance the image of the MRI, I need to be injected with a dye.  I now have a colourful bruise on the back of my hand, which I keep forgetting about until I knock my hand on something, and then the pain reminds me it's there!  I will find out the results through the post in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment