Monday 22 April 2019

Weekly Update No16

By now, you know that I take 2 steps forward, and 1 step back, so you'd be unsurprised to know that I have put on weight over Easter. 

We travelled to see family on Friday, and Friday itself I was prepared and had a smoothie during the day, and a chicken salad (comfortably saying no to the backed potato) in the evening.  Saturday, however, we went out for lunch with my father-in-law.  I had a salad again, this time with halloumi fries, but I should have stopped eating before I did. And on the way home, I accidentally picked up a chocolate orange ganache dessert, instead of the fruit salad I was aiming for, because it was reduced in the services.  I did say no to the KFC that my family were eating (but ended up eating some of DD2's when she got full).

Yesterday was Easter, and I went to church in the morning.  One of my friends is a great baker, and she made a variety of hot crossed buns, so I had to try both the chocolate and cinnamon and the white chocolate and cranberry flavours.  And the sponge cake with icing.  We went to the beach in the afternoon, and I had forgotten to take my smoothies with me.  So, I shared fish and chips at the cliff-top, and because I ended up driving home, I bought a coffee with copious sugars in (I don't like coffee unless it is very sweet).  It worked, in that I wasn't tired driving, but isn't helpful when trying to lose weight.

So, this morning, I have put on weight.  And even that didn't stop me from ordering pancakes for our Easter Monday Breakfast.  I have learned that bought smoothies do work for me, though, so I will buy some more and stock my fridge up with those.  Also, my husband has decided he wants to lose weight too.  He doesn't fancy having smoothies/juices like me, but he does think going low carb in the evenings is a good thing, so hopefully I'll get some more support for eating meals back with veggies, and be less tempted by takeaways.

Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment