Tuesday 15 October 2019

Weekly Update No41

I'm a day later than usual, this week.  I've had a really good weekend with friends which left me tired yesterday, and I didn't have it in me to come online before taking DD2 to her science club (we were then out all day, and I had my musical theatre class in the evening), then I took both girls to bed, fell asleep in DD2s room, and eventually went to bed.

On Friday, I went to a friend from church's house, with a group of other women, to watch War Room.  It's a film I hadn't heard of before, and was totally different to what I was expecting: there were no soldiers, no bombs and no Churchill.  It was really enjoyable, and though it is fiction, it's a good reminder of what God can do for us when we trust in Him, rather than ourselves.  I found that bit particularly challenging, as I try and support a friend, and made me realise that perhaps I should talk less and pray more.

On Saturday was a full day of dance and singing for both girls.  In the evening we were all invited to a dance friend's house for a humongous Chinese takeaway buffet and a few drinks.  It was delicious.  As my husband is watching his weight [go down, unlike me...], we haven't had a Chinese takeaway for a while, and I have to say that I made the most of it.  I actually ate more than I normally would had we gone out to a Chinese buffet restaurant!

And Sunday morning the girls had yet more dance (though thankfully only for an hour), before we had friends from uni come to visit us with their two girls.  I did try to make a healthy buffet, and looked up various recipes to have in addition to the standard crudites and hummus.  I made two flavours of wrap pinwheels: Mexican and Turkey&Mandarin; yoghurt-based dips with chopped fruit; fruit canapes on rice cakes; and chicken salad in little gem leaves.  And because my kids are fussy, there was also sausage rolls, nuggets and onion rings too. 

It is fair to say I have eaten a lot this weekend, so it is not unexpected that my weight increased.  Yesterday I ate well, and chose to have a salad at Subway, rather than the usual sub-sandwich.  Today, DD2 wants to make a lasagne for tea, which I plan to make a salad to accompany it.

No comments:

Post a Comment