Monday 23 September 2019

Weekly Update No38

We've had a week of birthday celebrations and a wedding, so it's no surprise my weight has gone up.
I finished the last of the birthday cake for breakfast, so at least I'm not tempted by that any more!
(Just to confirm, that pic is a slice through the whole cake, which we then divided up into 4 portions.  As much as I love cake, even I couldn't eat a slice that big!)

The cake was made by DD2 for DD1's birthday.  DD2 had the idea of a rainbow cake decorated with fondant icing with a dance theme.  I helped her with using the oven, and I covered the cake with the white fondant, but the bulk of the doing was by her, over 2 days (one day to bake and one day to decorate).  That we managed to keep it a surprised to DD1 is amazing.

That was last week.  Saturday we went to my cousin's wedding, and my head is not in the right place to be able to approach a buffet properly. We stayed overnight in a hotel, which meant yesterday I had buffet breakfast, and last night we had the girls' birthday meal with friends.  Though I only had a 'small plate carvery' and didn't have dessert, I know I overate.

But it's a new week, and I can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment