Wednesday 4 September 2019

And she's off!

DD1 is no longer home educated and has sailed off to school for the very first time! Of course I had to take the obligatory Front Door Photo.

It was only just over a year ago when she said she wanted to go to school for the first time.  A quick catch-up of my thoughts:
All Change
DD1's going to school!
A small confidence boost
A bigger confidence boost
And, if you're interested, when she went to school to do the WRAT5 test (as she doesn't have SATs results), she was average for everything - not bad for years of unschooling!

I am much more nervous about her starting school than she is, I barely slept last night.
I have no worries about her making friends or anything like that.  Despite being on the spectrum, she is actually very sociable. I'm more concerned about the little things, the unexpected things, the small embarrassments that means she's in a situation and doesn't know what to do.  The very first of which involve having to cycle to the back entrance of the school, as students are not allowed to cycle through the front due to the number of cars.  After locking up her bike, she then has to walk to the front to be greeted by a teacher.  At her school she has compulsory reading each day, yet I worry she won't find a book she likes.  Her handwriting isn't great, so what if her teacher can't read it, or other students take the mick? Fortunately she's not on her period any more, so has a few weeks to be able to get used to school without that additional worry.

I pray that when she comes home tonight (when I'm not here, as I'll be taking DD2 to her dance lessons), she'll be full of beans and I will have been worrying for nothing.  Fingers crossed.
Any additional prayers welcomed xx

No comments:

Post a Comment