Friday 11 June 2021

Mouse Tails by Sonny Collins

This is a children's book.  Maybe I should have guessed, because it's called Mouse Tails, but when choosing this as part of my A-Z of Fiction books, I didn't realise that.


This is, however, a cute book to read to children at Christmas time.  It is only a few chapters long, and introduces  a few stories from the Bible from the perspective of mice who are watching the humans.

The blurb says:

A Christmas story for the entire family that introduces several stories from the Bible in a unique and different way - from the perspective of mice. Two orphans are lost in a blizzard when they happen upon kind Nicholas, keeper of the mountain church. Then a young couple arrives as well, slowed down by the storm. Nicholas gives them a haven from the cold as he shares his stories of some very special creatures in this inspirational novella.

If you are looking for a book to read on the nights leading up to Christmas, this may be for you.  If my children were younger, I can imagine settling them with some hot chocolate and a blanket, but I doubt any kids would be that interested over the age of about 8yo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment