Monday 14 June 2021

Guess what I did today?

When I was a kid, I had my ears pierced when I was 11yo, before going up to secondary school. At that age, I was deemed old enough to be able to look after pierced ears myself.

Fast forward to now, and my baby is going to secondary school in September!  Having never been interested before, she has asked to have her ears pierced, and being the same age(ish - DD2 doesn't turn 11 until August), I wasn't going to say no.

Knowing we weren't going to go to Claire's, we looked around and decided to go to Sharon's Beauty for All.  Set up in Sharon's conservatory, we were greeted at the door, and Sharon was even gracious when we were 15minutes late due to my sat nav going haywire and an accident closing a local road.

The room itself is clean and functional, without feeling like a sterile (in the bad way) hospital room.  Sharon  kept everything hygienic, wore a mask and kept sanitising her hands as per covid regs, and used disposable needles and clean, sterile (in the good way!) equipment.

DD2 jumped up on the bed, chose her earrings and Sharon got to work.  Sharon helped calm my daughter down, as DD2 was nervous, and talked through everything.  Not too long later, my daughter was pleased with the result.


That's not what I did, though.  

I decided that if I was going to be going to take DD2 to get pierced, then I should get pierced too.
A lot of blood later (I'm a bleeder, lol), I now have my nose pierced again to match my glasses.
A little purple ring.


All in all, a good experience for both myself and DD2. 
If you want a piercing I recommend Sharon - and she does a range of beauty treatments and nails too.

No comments:

Post a Comment