Thursday 10 September 2020

Cancer Care Packs from Cancer Support UK

I mentioned a few weeks ago on my facebook page about my parents and the fact that, rather than making up a cancer care pack for my mum (as I had the first time she had chemo), I looked to buy one.  There are a few websites out there now that sell various packs, but they all seem a bit too much money for what they are, in all honesty. If I'm going to be spending £80+, I'd rather choose exactly what goes into it.

That was, until I came across Cancer Support UK - they give away cancer care packs for free! Amazing!
I decided to get one for my mum, and donate the full cost of it back to Cancer Support UK, but the fact that they are given away, so the cost isn't prohibitive for anyone undergoing cancer treatment is fantastic!



There are three different cancer care packs you can choose from: Cancer Pack, Chemo Pack, and Kids Pack.  I chose the Chemo Pack as that is my mum's current treatment plan.

It took a good 2 weeks to arrive (I didn't order it time to be there before her chemo started) but my mum was really happy with it, and very impressed with what it contained.  Everything has certainly been thought out with chemo in mind, and I know it will get a lot of use.

So if you know anyone who is having treatment for cancer, either share this with them or order from www.cancersupportuk.org on their behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment