Monday 9 January 2023

Joined a Book Club!

I have recently joined a book club.  And I do mean recently!  Though I joined the online group (to find out what to read) at the end of last year, yesterday was the first meeting that I could attend. 

We meet monthly, reading 2 books each month, and meet in the local pub to discuss and chat.  This is right up my alley!  December's books (which I will get around to reviewing eventually) were The Christmas Bookshop and Falling, both of which were a really good read in their respective genres.

This month we are going to read Pride and Prejudice (which I have already read and probably won't reread, tbh), and The Cat Who Saved Books.  I like that I am reading books that I probably would not have picked up and chosen to read, and also that I have some accountability (as well as some adult time in the pub!).  It's wet and windy here, so I'm driving there, but in the summer, I look forward to walking and enjoying a beer or two whilst talking about books.


This is also the perfect time for me to remind you that I'm on Goodreads and StoryGraph as Musings of a Middle-aged Mum, in case you wanted to follow me there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment