Monday 12 July 2021

Weekly Update - I've broken 2 minutes!

My PT came on Friday for the first time in a couple of weeks (due to a combination of illness, self-isolation and camping) and boy, did it hurt!  It was fun (in a masochistic way) - my PT had 5 A4 pages, which I had to select randomly.  Each one had a different set of exercises, that I had to repeat 4 times.  There was a mix of all the exercises that we had done so far, including boxing, slam balls, weight lifting, Russian twists, sit ups and more.  Afterwards, I ached.  Normally, I don't ache until the next day, but I ached Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, all day Sunday, and this morning my quads were still aching!

Incidentally, if you've been following my FB page (and if not, please CLICK HERE to like and follow me!), you'll know my husband completed Race To The Stones at the weekend.  Just because he covered 100 kilometres, does not mean that his legs ache more than mine after an hour in my garden, lol!


This morning, my PT returned and made me start off with a plank.  Because I am trying to push myself, I asked her not to tell me the time until 1min30secs had gone past, and then every 20 seconds after that.  Today I managed a whopping 2min 08secs in a plank! Beating my previous PB by 11 seconds, and I think I may have been able to go slightly longer had it not been pouring with rain, as my rain coat was much too warm as the hood fell over my head.

The rest of the session today was mainly arms, shoulders and abs.  I don't really ache right now, but know it'll hit me tomorrow.  At least my legs have stopped aching, so it no longer hurts when trying to go up or down stairs. 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment