Thursday 29 April 2021

I Can Make You Thin by Paul McKenna

 


Given not much else was working, at the start of the year, I purchased I Can Make You Thin.

The blurb says:

Welcome to a revolutionary way to stop overeating, control cravings and feel totally motivated to take exercise. Paul McKenna has developed a breakthrough weight-loss system that re-patterns your thoughts, attitudes and beliefs about yourself, your health and food to help you easily take control of your diet and lose weight permanently.

As you use Paul's amazing system, the latest psychological techniques will automatically help you to start losing weight straight away! You can use it again and again to make you feel happier about yourself as you go all the way to your ideal shape, size and weight.

I remember Paul McKenna from his TV hypnotism where people would act like fools on stage.  But, having used hypnotherapy when I was pregnant, I know that it can work.  Mainly, I got this for the book, because, well, I like books.

I read the book slowly, as I wanted to take in as much as possible, and I listened to the audio/hypnotherapy when I had a spare half hour.  I found that by listening regularly, it helped me keep in mind the positive reasons why I'd like to lose weight and encouraged self belief that I could make it happen.  

Much of the book is common sense, and it dovetails nicely with other books I've been reading concurrently, but having the audio is worth the price of the book itself.  I haven't lost much weight using it; it certainly isn't a cure-all - but the repetition of eating slowly and mindfully does help you develop good eating habits, and this book is much more about a lifestyle change, rather than weightloss (imo, despite the title of the book).

So, would I recommend it?  Actually, yes.  Even though I didn't lose weight using it, it has helped give me the self belief that I am worth it, I deserve to be fit and healthy, and taking just 30min a day to rest and focus on myself, is good for me too.  And as I have made other changes to my life recently, maybe this book and audio have had more, indirect, impact than I thought when I started this review.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment