Monday 25 January 2021

Weekly Update

 (Ignoring that I seem to be doing them fortnightly atm.)

I weighed myself for the first time since December today and I was only* 94.2kg! (*only, compared to the weight I thought I was.) I am still reading The Diet Trap Solution, and have actually been doing the exercises.


I am also trying to be more mindful about what I am eating.  I am still keeping track of what I eat, but trying to remember to sit at the table and eat slowly.  (Not that I think there is anything wrong with eating not at a table, rather that I tend to do something else at the same time when I'm on the sofa, even if it's watching TV or playing on my phone whilst eating.)

Today I made miso and noodle soup for lunch, which was delicious.  I need to remind myself that taking an extra 5min to cook myself something proper, rather than just having toast and butter, is definitely worth it in terms of taste, calories and nutrition.


Recipe for 2 people (or 4 as starter):

  • garlic clove
  • shallot/onion
  • ginger
  • miso paste
  • mirin
  • tahini
  • stock
  • green veg
  • 1 nest of rice noodles
  • boiled egg
Blitz the first 6 ingredients together to form a paste.
Cook the paste for 2-3 min in a saucepan so it is fragrant but not burning.
Add the stock, green veg and noodles and cook for 5-10 min on a gentle simmer.
Dish up into bowls, and serve with a boiled egg on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment