Monday 4 January 2021

Weekly Update - Happy New Year!

Today is the first day back to work/school for many people and I'm feeling pleasantly optimistic.  I'm not entirely sure about what, exactly, but it feels good. 
Possibly because I woke up at a decent time this morning so feel like I have loads of time today? 
Possibly that I have nearly finished painting my new room (which will be my study) so I can soon buy some furniture to go in there (I'm using up paint from the house, so have one wall left, which I hope to paint today)? 
Possibly because, admittedly only 4 days in, I have managed to track my eating and exercise every day of the year so far?  I am still not weighing myself, but am trying to ensure that I track everything I consume.  I have also started rereading The Diet Trap Solution by Beck and Beck, as I find this book really practical.

Christmas decorations were taken down yesterday, and though they haven't been put away yet (they need to go into DD1's room, but she's doing pandemic schooling in there atm) the living room looks tidier and more spacious already; and it will look even bigger when the sofa bed is moved into my new room upstairs!

I also bought myself a new toy after Christmas (no, not that kind! Lift your mind from the gutter, lol) - an easy dryer 3000!  Actually, the real name is eezy dry 1300 or something like that, but I think 3000 sounds better, lol.  Our washing machine is a washer dryer, so that means in the winter months (when I can't hang washing outside) I can only wash and dry 1 load of washing each day.  Now, I am getting through a minimum of 2 a day (I may not have done any washing at all over the Christmas period, so have a lot to catch up on...) and there is the added benefit of the house smelling of clean washing.

So, happy 2021.  I pray this year is an improvement on the last one xx

No comments:

Post a Comment