Friday 6 November 2020

A.S.K. God by Andrea G Williams

 

This book is only 52 pages long and the blurb says:
Have you ever felt like you don't have anything to offer the world? Has your mistakes, life experiences, or relationships distract you from going after your purpose? No fear my love, I am here to bring you some good news! God gives us all an assignment to do here no matter what. It is up to us to find out what God put on the inside and walk in that truth. When you walk in your God given purpose, you will discover a continuous overflow of abundance and real joy in your life.

In this book you will learn how to discover your calling, your gifts, and the purpose you never thought you had. You will learn how to use your gifts to serve others while setting up wealth streams. You will learn how to do what you love and still be in alignment with God's will. If you have a gnawing feeling in your belly that there is more to life than this, then you have landed at the right book. It is God's perfect will for you to answer the call, walk it out, and win!
I have to be honest and say I was disappointed in this book.  It doesn't say anything new, and I always worry when books talk about "wealth streams" - it's too much like Prosperity Gospel to me.  That is not to say I totally disliked the book - there are snippets of good things in here.  It is encouraging.  It does reinforce that we should Ask, Seek and Knock (hence the title) and we should look to be using our gifts and live authentically.  However, this book doesn't seem to suggest any more than this.  There is no deep discussion about gifts, nor how to practically apply them to life.  As I say this, I realise it is a short book, so it cannot cover everything, but for me, this book is lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment